May 5th 2008
Stevens Industries, Inc., Teutopolis, IL, has become an Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) Downstream licensed facility. Certified by the Composite Panel Association, companies participating in the program have demonstrated their environmental commitment by purchasing at least 50% CPA EPP certified composite wood products. Stevens exceeds this threshold by purchasing 100% of our composite wood panel materials from EPP certified mills.
The certification program is the most widely-specified environmental certification program for composite wood products in North America.
- is the only environmental certification program that has achieved ANSI accreditation
- requires use of 100% recycled or recovered wood fiber
- requires formaldehyde emissions equal to or lower than CARB Phase 1 levels
- requires monthly audits to verify recycled content, formaldehyde emissions, and adherence to QC procedures that meet ASTM protocol
- requires quarterly submission of samples for large chamber testing by accredited third party.
The EPP Downstream program assures that the products you specify and/or purchase are environmentally responsible. For more information on the program, visit the CPA website at www.pbmdf.com.